- President: Mary Van Tassel 269-375-1708
- Vice President: Sara Taylor and Zadie Jackson
- Treasurer: Lorie Reed
- Secretary: Birdie Hoikka
- Corresponding Secretary: Lorie Reed
- Council Director: Donna Standish
- Kalamazoo in Bloom-Plant and maintain a bed in Bronson Park.
- Veterans Memorial at Riverside Cemetery-For more information on the Veterans Memorial at Riverside Cemetery and to donate to this worthy project honoring all veterans go to http://kalamazooveterans.com.
- We participate in the Garden Council Green sale and Council activities.
CLUB MEETINGS & PROGRAMS
Our meetings are the 4th Wednesday of the month, start at 11:30 am and lunch is provided.
July 12, 2017
Memorial Cleanup at 9:30 am
July 26, 2017
Travel to Blue Horizon Nursery in Bloomingdale to see their astounding stock.
Hostesses: Louise Sloger and Donna Standish.
August 9, 2017
Memorial cleanup at 9:30 am and Master Gardeners will tour that evening for garden walk.
August 23, 2017
Tour of Lin Mc Introsh home and garden art, 2311 Wilmette at 1pm.
Meet at Mary Van Tassel’s for lunch and meeting.
Hostesses: Jan Farrell and Mary Van Tassel
September 13, 2017
Memorial clean up at 9:30 a.m.
September 27, 2017
Carpool to Galesburg to view Mary Kozloski’s new patio, homemade table, water feature and pallet herb garden.
Hostesses: Lorie Reed and Sara Taylor
October 11, 2017
Put Memorial to bed for the winter at 9:30 a.m.
October 25, 2017
November 15, 2017
Greens Sale preparation
December 13 2017
Annual Christmas Luncheon and year end wrap-up.
There are no meetings in January or February.
The goals of the Westwood Garden Club are to identify and accomplish community improvement projects and collectively support National and International Garden Club projects.
The Westwood Garden Club was organized in 1958 and joined the Federation of Garden Clubs in 1967. The Club has had 35 presidents . Five of these have been President of the Kalamazoo Garden Council.
The purpose of the Westwood Garden Club is twofold:
1. to promote a greater interest in the application and knowledge
of conservation and horticulture.
2. to exchange experiences that will be of mutual benefit to all members.