- President: Ann Houser
- Vice President: Pat Wilcox and Ann Miczulski
- Secretary: Janey Lutzka
- Treasurer: Linda Derfiny
- Council Director: Connie Micklin
- Sunshine/Membership: Shirley Mitchell
- Parliamentarian: Alberta Cumming
- Historian: Beth Shirley
- Notification: Chris Simon
- Environmental Concerns: Lucy Hammond
- Horticulture: Shirley Mitchell
- Wildflowers: Mary Bulson
- Birds: Betty Anne Geib, Rae Haas
- Park Place Living: Bobbie Kipp, Mary Bulson
- Greens sale Rep: Barb Winter
- Website: Janey Lutzka
- Yearbook Preparation: Kathy Neal, Patti Oakland
- Proofreading: Patti Oakland
Meetings: 1st Thursday at 7 pm
Fiscal Year: September through August
Organized in 1953 – Federated in 1964
CLUB MEETINGS & PROGRAMS
October 20, 2016
Mechanics of Flower Arranging
Presented by Barb Winter
Location: The Winter Home
November 17, 2016
Preparations for the Greens Sale
Location: Kalamazoo Garden Council House
November 29, 2016, 10:30 A.M.
Short Business Meeting followed by Greens Sale Set-Up and Making Club Greens Sale Arrangements
Location: Kalamazoo County Expo Center
December 2 and 3, 2016
Kalamazoo Garden Council Greens Sale
December 15, 2016, 11:30 A.M.
Annual Christmas Luncheon
Location: Food Dance Café
January 19, 2017 (February 16 alternate date)
My Trip to the Gardens of England
Presented by Howard Teichma
Location: The Oakland home
March 16, 2017
Presented by Kay Wedel Landrum
Location: Wedel’s Nursery, Lunch provided by Off the Cuff Catering
April 20, 2017
Tower Gardens and Business Meeting with Nominations of Officers
Presented by Christy Morey
Location: KGC House
May 18, 2017
Annual Installation of Officers and Salad Luncheon
Location: The Derfiny home
June 15, 2017
Garden Tour of the Old Colony Neighborhood
Location: Meet at the Wilcox home
- Annual Greens Sale: Creating projects and working at the sale.
- Caring and sharing 50 to 60 small flower arrangements are prepared twice a eyar for distribution to the residents of Heartland Health Care Center in Kalamazoo
- caring and Sharing during the months of October thru april at Park Place Assisted Living Facility. We visit and assist residents in making flower arrangements and do programs of interest to them. Club members also plant and maintain raised flower beds at the facility.
ORGANIZATIONS WE CONTRIBUTE TO
- Winnie’s Wildflowers
- Pretty Lake vacation Camp-Farm Project
- Michigan Garden Clubs – world Gardening
- Michigan Garden Clubs – Scholarships
- Kalamazoo Valley River Trail
Grow & Show was organized in 1962 by our first presidents, Pat Paul and Marilyn Arnott, with the guidance of Amy VandeGeisen.
We became federated with the Garden Clubs of Michigan the following year, 1963. Among us we have three charter members, one honorary member and our club has bestowed Life Memberships on seven members.
We have participated and have been recognized in numerous activities since 1962. We maintained a butterfly garden in Crane Park (a Kalamazoo City Park) for several years and had taken care of another plot many years prior to that.
Since 1986 Grow & Show has donated numerous small flower arrangements to the Heartland Health Care Center. Since 1998 we’ve helped Park Place Assisted Living residents create flower arrangements. We have also worked with Habitat for Humanity to landscape properties in Greater Kalamazoo. Our club has participated in many Kalamazoo Garden Council related activities. We also contribute to the Veterans Memorial Fund for the grounds upkeep at Riverside Cemetary. We take pride in the contributions made to our community.
- The object of the club is to stimulate interest in horticultural and environmental concerns.