- President: Ann Houser
- Vice President: Pat Wilcox and Ann Miczulski
- Secretary: Janey Lutzka and Chris Simon
- Treasurer: Linda Derfiny
- Council Director: Connie Micklin
- Sunshine/Membership: Sandy Affolder
- Parliamentarian: Alberta Cumming
- Notification: Chris Simon
- Environmental Concerns: Ellen Plano
- Horticulture: Shirley Mitchell
- Wildflowers: Mary Bulson
- Birds: Betty Anne Geib
- Park Place Living: Mary Tetreau
- Greens sale Rep: Barbara Winter
- Website: Janey Lutzka
- Yearbook Preparation: Kathy Neal, Patti Oakland
Meetings: 3rd Thursday
Fiscal Year: June to May
Organized in 1962 – Federated in 1963
CLUB MEETINGS & PROGRAMS
July 20, 2017
Visit Leila Arboretum, Battle Creek
Lunch will be at Clara’s on the River, 44 McCamly St North, Battle Creek, MI 49017 (269) 963-0966.
August 17, 2017
Flower Arranging for Residents of Heartland Health Care Center
Meet at Shirley Mitchell’s home to make the arrangements.
September 21, 2017
Visit the Green Roof Garden at Kalamazoo City Hall
Lunch will follow at Old Burdick’s in the Radisson Plaza Hotel.
October 19, 2017
Visit the KVCC Food Innovation Center
Lunch will follow in their café.
November 28, 2017
Making Club Greens Sale Arrangements
Location: Kalamazoo County Expo Center
November 30, December 1 and 2, 2017
Kalamazoo Garden Council Greens Sale
December 14, 2017
Annual Christmas Luncheon
Location: Fieldstone Grill, 3970 W Centre Ave, Portage, MI 49024.
January 18, 2018 (February 15 alternate date)
Travels in Cuba
Presented by Linda Derfiny
Location: The home of Patti Oakland
March 15, 2018
The best in no fuss plants for your garden.
Location: Wedel’s Nursery, Lunch catered by Panera
April 20, 2018
“Michigan Frogs and Toads” followed by a Business Meeting with Nominations of Officers
Presented by Cleora Mohney
Location: KGC House
May 17, 2018
Annual Installation of Officers and Salad Luncheon
Location: The home of Beth Shirley
June 21, 2018
Visit Blue Heron Nursery and Gardens
Location: 9721 59th St., Grand Junction, MI 49056 (269) 998-8165
Followed by lunch in South Haven, MI.
- Annual Greens Sale: Creating projects and working at the sale.
- Heartland Health Care Center in Kalamazoo-prepare and deliver 50-60 small flower arrangements for residents, once a year
- Park Place Assisted Living-provide and participate in flower arranging and programs with residents, monthly October through April. We donate planters for patios and entryways.
ORGANIZATIONS WE CONTRIBUTE TO
- Winnie’s Wildflowers
- Pretty Lake vacation Camp-Farm Project
- Michigan Garden Clubs – Scholarships
- Kalamazoo Valley River Trail
- Bronson Park Restoration Project
Grow & Show was organized in 1962 by our first presidents, Pat Paul and Marilyn Arnott, with the guidance of Amy VandeGeisen.
We became federated with the Garden Clubs of Michigan the following year, 1963. Among us we have three charter members, one honorary member and our club has bestowed Life Memberships on seven members.
We have participated and have been recognized in numerous activities since 1962. We maintained a butterfly garden in Crane Park (a Kalamazoo City Park) for several years and had taken care of another plot many years prior to that.
Since 1986 Grow & Show has donated numerous small flower arrangements to the Heartland Health Care Center. Since 1998 we’ve helped Park Place Assisted Living residents create flower arrangements. We have also worked with Habitat for Humanity to landscape properties in Greater Kalamazoo. Our club has participated in many Kalamazoo Garden Council related activities. We also contribute to the Veterans Memorial Fund for the grounds upkeep at Riverside Cemetary. We take pride in the contributions made to our community.
- The object of the club is to stimulate interest in horticultural and environmental concerns.